Lofton Creek Kayak Tour
Our Lofton Creek Kayak Tour is a calm, blackwater channel that meanders through the forested wetlands of Yulee, Florida. A primordial waterway, Lofton Creek features transparent, acidic water that is dark in color, created by the tannins which leach into the water as vegetation decays. Replete with bald cypress, sweet gum, and rare flowers like pickerel weed and wild azaleas, this unique ecosystem is reminiscent of an old south bayou – brackish water teeming with unique plants, animals, and reptiles. Native Americans most likely fished these waters and cultivated the land for thousands of years before the Spanish, French, and English arrived in the mid-16th century.
The Lofton Creek Kayak Tour is perfect for paddlers of any level, including children and beginners. It’s an intimate nature experience in which participants can expect to get up close and personal with turtles, alligators, snakes, otters, and occasionally, manatees. The terrestrial nature of the forest attracts pileated woodpeckers, red shoulder hawks, and the curious anhinga, sometimes referred to as the “water turkey.” The protected makeup of Lofton Creek means paddling here is “weather resistant” to tumultuous coastal conditions. A south-bound paddle on Lofton Creek provides picturesque marsh views, whereas a north-bound paddle is a more remote, forested experience. The Lofton Creek Kayak Tour is a guaranteed good time for everyone in your group!
Lofton Creek Kayak Tour Details:
- Calm Fresh Water tidal river
- Perfect for first time
- paddlers and children
- Black water
- Protected from coastal weather
- Intimate Nature experience
- Alligators, Turtles, Birds, Snakes.
- Flowers and plants
- Complementary Photography
- Meeting address: 463540 Florida 200, Yulee, Florida 32097-3302
- Lofton Creek Kayak Tours typiclaly launch at 9am for morning tours and the calm nature of Lofton Creek allows for flexible afternoon scheduling.
Cumberland Island Kayak Tour Meeting Location:
Melton Nelson Boat Ramp, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
463540 Florida 200, Yulee, Florida 32097-3302
GPS will often send you just over the creek so just keep an eye out for Melton Nelson Boat Ramp signs
Lofton Creek Kayak Tour Meeting Spot
Here’s the spot. It is the “Melton Nelson Boat Ramp.” From Amelia Island it is on your left just before Lofton creek. From Jacksonville and I-95 it is on your right just after Lofton creek.
Amelia Island Kayak Tours
- Cumberland Island Kayak Tour
- Lofton Creek Kayak Tour
- Egan's Creek Kayak Tour
- Fernandina Beach & Amelia River Kayak Tour
- Talbot Island Kayak Tour
Amelia Island Boat Tours
- Amelia Island & Cumberland Island Nature Tour
- Amelia Island Sunset Cruise
- Amelia Island Private Boat Charter
- Amelia Island Kayak Fishing Rental
Contact Amelia Adventures: